Data Analyst Full Time
Who we are: ESC is a Charlottesville, VA based company creating solutions that provide interactive data visualization to education administrators, policy makers, and reformers.
What we do: We provide end-to-end data solutions, ranging from data integrity to analytics and visualization. Our services have empowered school administrators and education policy makers across the US. We specialize in efficient data processing, ensuring data integrity, and providing robust statistical analysis and visual analytics.
What you will be doing:
Data analysts will work on multiple projects at a time, as part of a team effort. The tasks for each project will vary, but generally, this role is responsible for:
- Exploring the internal logic of often complex data sets with subtle inter- connections in order to articulate their full meaning.
- Identifying anomalies within a data set, researching underlying causes and designing or recommending solutions to the team.
- Assuming responsibility for the entire lifecycle of a data project, including planning, data ingestion, data restoration, quality assurance, and preparation for visualization.
Necessary skills and experience:
The successful candidate does not need any specific data experience or training. Anyone with a background in computing, engineering, math, or sciences is encouraged to apply, but none of these are required! ESC seeks team members that are inquisitive, enjoy solving problems, and want to work collaboratively with a small group of continuous learners.
In addition, we are looking for people who have:
- A willingness to ask questions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Unwavering attention to detail
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- An eagerness to learn about the US educational system
- Familiarity with databases (not required, but a plus)
This is a full-time, remote position open to candidates living in the United States. Candidates outside the Eastern time zone will be considered as long as they can work at least 6 hours during the EST workday (9 AM to 5 PM).
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Education Strategy Consulting provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.